What is Aadhar Card?
Most of us know that Aadhar Card is randomly generated a unique 12-digit number which is assigned by the Unique Identification Authority of India also known as UIDAI. Having aadhar card isn’t compulsory but if you don’t have aadhar card or you haven’t enrolled for aadhar enrollment process then you can’t get benefits which Aadhar Cards offers like LPG Subsidy (DBT) and most of the Pradhan Manty Yojhanas.
So, If you haven’t enrolled for aadhar card then Please visit nearest aadhar card Kendra in your area with 2 passport size photocopy and xerox copies of ID proof like PAN Card, Passport, Driving Licence etc. Once you enroll for aadhar and submit your application, you will get one Aadhar Enrollment Slip which has your Enrollment Number called EID number with Date & Time of enrollment. Along with EID, your aadhar slip contains Your Name, Address, Pincode, Registered mobile number etc.
Once you get your Enrollment Slip it’s time to check your aadhar card status online. After checking aadhar status you can download your Eaadhar Card Copy online at UIDAI official Portal and you will find all the details here. So stay with us and read this post.
Check Aadhar Card Status
Before checking aadhar card status make sure you have your aadhar enrollment slip handy to enter your 14-digit EID number and Date & Time of enrollment. Now follow the steps to check aadhar card status online:
- The first step is to visit Aadhar Status link – https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar-status (Or you can go to Aadhar Kiosk Portal and Click on Check Aadhar Status Tab)
- Once you click on the link you’ll be directed to a page where you have to enter a few information given in your Enrollment Slip and the information are as below.
- Now on that page in the first box enter the Enrolment ID
- Next step is to enter the Date/Time into dd/mm/yyyy and hh:mm:ss format
- In the last step enter the Security Code aka captcha code given in the Box to prove that you are human
- The last step is to Click on ‘Check Status‘
Now, if your Aadhar Application has processed and if your documents were Successfully verified then you can able to download your eaadhar but if your application is on Queue then you have to wait for some day and then you can check your aadhar card status again.
Now let’s see how you can Download Eaadhar card Online
Downloading Eaadhar card is very easy and needs to follow a few steps which are as given but before that let me tell you, there are three ways to download Eaadhar Online:
- Download Eaadhar Using EID (Enrollment ID Number)
- Download Eaadhar Using UID (Unique Aadhar ID Number)
- Download Eaadhar Using VID (Virtual ID Number)
All the Process are the same but need to select a different option in one step.
Download Eaadhar by EID, UID and VID
- Now the first step is to visit the official website of UIDAI – uidai.gov.in
- Now on the Homepage, you can see “Get Aadhar” Tab. In that Tab click on option shown as “DOWNLOAD AADHAAR“
- You will now be redirected to another page called ‘Download E-Aadhaar by using your Aadhaar, EID or VID’.
- Under the section that says ‘Enter your Personal Details’, choose ‘EID/UID/VID’. (As Seen in the Figure)
- In case of EID you need to enter your 14-Digit EID number given in the Enrollment Slip
- In case of UID you need to enter your 12-Digit UID number given in the Enrollment Slip
- In case of VID you need to enter your 16-Digit VID number given in the Enrollment Slip
- Next Step is to enter your full name as registered in your Aadhaar application.
- Now provide your PINCODE mentioned in your Aadhaar enrollment slip.
- Enter the Security code (captcha) given in the box.
- In case you have a TOTP, check the box that says ‘Yes, I have TOTP. Do not send me OTP’.
- In case you do not have a TOTP, click on the button that says ‘Request OTP’.
- The OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Once you get OTP to enter it in the last Box and Hit Enter.
Once you Hit Enter one PDF will be ready to Download. You can save that PDF in your System and later you can take a printout to use it everywhere when required.
You can see your PDF is Password Protected because of security reasons and the combination of the password is The First Four letter of your name given in aadhar and year of Birth.
Ex. If your name is Rames Tiwari and Year of Birth is 1995 then your Eaadhar PDf Password will be Rame1995.
In case if you still have any doubts then feel free to place your comment in the comment section and we will try to solve them as soon as possible.