Eaadhaar is getting increasingly more importance day by day. The government has made it compulsory to Connect aadhar with all the major ID Cards like PAN Card, Driving Licence, Ration Card & Voter ID Card etc. So if you don’t have your aadhar card yet then we highly recommend you to Enroll for the Aadhar Card process.
If you have already enrolled for the Aadhar Card but lost or misplaced your aadhar enrollment slip then first you need to retrieve your UID/EID number because without UID or EID number you can’t able to Download Eaadhaar online. So, in this post first, we will discuss how you can retrieve your Lost EID/UID number and then step by step Guide to Download Eaadhaar card online at UIDAI official portal.
Find UID/EID Number
In order to get your lost UID/EID number to follow the steps given below.
- The first step is to go to the official web portal of UIDAI – uidai.gov.in
- Now on the next page, You have to select what you want to retrieve EID or UID and select an Appropriate option as shown in the image below.
- Once you select EID/UID then next is enter your Full Name.
- Provide your Email Address and Registered Mobile Number only and Enter Security Code in the Last Box given in the Center of the Page.
- Click on SEND OTP.
- Now on the Right side of the page, you have to enter the OTP which you have received on your registered Mobile number and Click on VERIFY OTP.
Once you verify the OTP then your Eaadhaar Enrollment Slip can be seen on the screen and the EID/UID number will be delivered to your registered mobile number within a few minutes.
Once you get your EID/UID number then you can easily Download your Eaadhaar card online at UIDAI portal.
Now We guess you have your EID/UID number to download Eaadhar card online. To do so follow these steps.
- To Download Eaadhar visit to https://uidai.gov.in
- In the Home Page Clik on Download Aadhar Tab under the Get Aadhar Section as shown in the figure.
- Now. on the next page Select appropriate option, “Enrollment Id” OR “Aadhaar“, under enter your personal details section.
- Enter your AADHAAR card number or Enrollment Id, full name, Pin Code, security text and mobile number
- Next step is to Click on “Get OTP“
- One Time Password (OTP) will be delivered to your registered mobile.
- Enter the OTP you just received on your mobile in the “Enter OTP” box and click on “Validate and Download“ You can also choose TOTP if you have it.
Once you fill up all the details including OTP then after submitting the form, one PDF file will be ready to download. That contains your Eaadhaar Card which is Password protected. You can take a print out and laminate that hardcopy to use it as an original aadhar card.
Eaadhaar PDF Password
For better security, UIDAI has made every Eaadhar PDF password protected. Earlier your PINCODE was the Password to open your PDF file but recently UIDAI has made some changes and now the Password to open Eaadhaar PDF is the combination of the first FOUR Letter of your name as per in Aadhar application and year of birth.
Ex. If your name and Year of Birth is Mukesh and 1994 then your Eaadhar PDF password will be Muke1994
So, we hope you get enough idea regarding how to retrieve lost EID/UID and how to Download Eaadhar using EID/UID. But if you still have any doubt feel free to send your queries in the comment section.