Aadhaar project of UIDAI is now the world’s biggest biometric ID system which assigns a 12-digit unique number that’s assigned to the residents of India. Aadhar card plays a substantial part in availing the benefits of many government schemes and its reach maybe spread wide and far later on.
Aadhar Card contains an individual’s essential information like name, gender, address, phone number, and date of birth. Not only that, the Aadhaar Card additionally contains biometric information i.e., fingerprint and iris scan. Aadhar can be applied as an ID and speech proof but is also mandatory to avail particular advantages and subsidies from the government.
But sometimes due to a huge number of the application you get aadhar card with wrong details like wrong name and address. Different Mobile number and date of birth. Considering This Problem UIDAI has started a new service called SSUP – Aadhar Self Service Update Portal where you can update your aadhar card details. The process can be done by online and Offline mode but you need to follow some rules to update your aadhar card.
SSUP – Aadhar Self Service Update Portal
UIDAI has made it simpler for aadhar holders to update and correct aadhar details both via online and offline. Here is a complete process to update the aadhar card and get a new Eaadhar card online.
Update Aadhar Card Online
If you wish to change your Name, Address, Mobile number, Date of birth and email in aadhar card then follow these steps to update/change/correction.
- First Step is to Open New Aadhar Self Service Update Portal – https://uidai.gov.in
- Now If you have a valid address proof click on “Update Address” else select “Request for Address Validation Letter” as shown in the figure.
- In the Next Step Enter your 12-digit Aadhar number to login to the Update Dashboard. After that Enter the text verification code in the box and click on Send OTP or Enter TOTP
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number registered.
- Enter this OTP to log in to your Aadhaar account
- Now Next Step is to Tick the Address option and clicks on the Submit button
- Now Enter your residential address mentioned in the Proof of Address (PoA) and click on the “Submit Update Request” Tab ( In case of modification of your address, click the “Modify” option)
- At the end accept/tick the declaration and click on the “Proceed” button
- For verification, purpose selects the document type you want to submit and upload the scanned copy of the address proof and click on the “Submit” button to complete the Aadhar Update Process.
- Now to get new aadhar on your new address select the BPO service provider that will verify your details and submit the form.
In this process, the BPO service provider checks if the details mentioned in the form matches with the POA or not and forward your request to UIDAI.
Once you submit the form you will get URN (Unique Request Number) by which you can check your aadhar update status in future to trace your new updated aadhar card.
Now the question is What if any person don’t have Document Proof for aadhar update verification. So, in this case, you can Choose an option called “Address Validation Letter” which allows the applicant to update the address in Aadhaar card through a validator. This process has 3 Simple Steps:
- Application Process by the applicant
- Application Approval by the Verifier
- Final Submission of application by the applicant
Now let’s discuss all the steps in details
Application by the Applicant
Step 1. The first step is to Go to the SSUP – Aadhar Self Service Update Portal and click on “Updated your Address online”
Step 2. Click on the “Request for Aadhaar Validation Letter” tab
Step 3. Now enter your Aadhaar number and click on Send OTP or Enter TOTP
Step 4. Now enter the address verifier’s Aadhaar number and click on submit
Step 5. Once you enter OTP and submit the request then your request will be submitted and a message will be sent to the registered mobile number of the verifier
Approval by the Verifier
This part is done by the Verifier.
- Once you submit the request The verifier gets an SMS of the OTP and link to verify the applicant’s request on the registered mobile number registered.
- Verifier needs to click on the link in the SMS and login to the account
- Now verifier has to enter the OTP received in the space provided and confirm the request of the applicant
Final Submission by the Applicant
In This Section, once the verifier Confirm the request then Applicant has to submit the form.
- Once the verifier approves the request of the applicant, an SMS is sent to the applicant on the registered mobile number with the SRN and the link to submit the application
- Enter the SRN and OTP received through SMS
Step 6. Verify the details and click on “Submit Update Request” to complete the application process
Step 7. Once the process is approved, the verifier’s address will be updated in the applicant’s Aadhaar card.
How to Update Name, Mobile Number and Date of Birth in Aadhar Card Online?
If You have a mistake in your Name, Mobile number and Date of birth then you can visit nearest aadhar card center to Update your aadhar card. The process at aadhar enrollment center is as follows:
- First of all Collect Aadhar Correction form and Fill up the Form. (Make sure you enter that information which is correct and not the one that is mentioned in your Aadhaar)
- Submit self-attested copies of proofs along with a form for verification purpose and Submit the form.
Update Aadhar Card Offline
- In order to Update Aadhar Card Offline first of all Download online the Correction Form by visiting –
- Fill the required details which you wish to change in your Aadhar card.
- Attach the photocopies of the documents.
- Send the form along with documents to the postal address as mentioned below:
Address 1: UIDAI
Post Box No. 10,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001,
Address 2: UIDAI
Post Box No. 99,
Hyderabad – 500034,
So, now we guess you know the complete process to Update and Correct Aadhar Information at Aadhar Self-Service Update Portal aka SSUP. In case if you still have any doubt feel free to contact us, we will try our best to assist you.